Image Map

The Scoop on HUE Animation Studio!

Hey guys!

It’s Krista Wallden from Creative Clips Clipart! I’m so excited to be sharing about an amazing product called the HUE Animation Studio!


Now let me start off by saying this is not a paid review or anything even close to the sort! In fact, I was the one who reached out to HUE Animation because I was so excited about their product. The creative possibilities are endless!!

I first heard about HUE Animation at the French Lick Blogger Meet Up. *Side note- if you have not heard about the French Blogger Meet Up that the amazing Holley Ehle organizes each year- you have to check it out! Here is a recap about this year’s awesome festivities and networking! Mark your calendars for next year!

HUE Animation is a fun and easy way to integrate technology into your classroom and give your students a lot of creative freedom- while STILL sticking to those challenging standards! The kit allows you to create videos with stop motion animation. You can add text, sound effects and so much more to your videos as you get more fancy with your skills! I started out with the basics!

First off, I am NOT a “gifted technology” person. I make lots of clipart, but my technology smarts stop there. So when I tell you how easy and clear the directions are for creating with the HUE Animation Studio, I mean it!

Here’s what you get with the HUE stop motion animation kit: HUE HD Camera, the HUE Book of Animation and HUE Animation Software. 




Things I absolutely love about it:
- The camera is very compact and easy to set up. Not to mention it is lightweight to throw into a tote bag if I wanted to take it with me to Starbucks and set up a little animation studio there!
- The HUE Book of Animation is bright, engaging and perfect for beginners! It provides step-by-step instructions for installing the software, setting up the camera and getting inspired for different types of projects. It is also written at a level that kiddos could read and follow, too.
- I have a short attention span and no joke- I had the camera set up and was playing around in about 20 minutes of opening the box!

I couldn't wait to create my very first video and I decided to start with something I know well- Clipart! I started by picking out some images to print that I wanted to showcase in my video. Summer is on my mind, so I ended up with these (free) Rainbow Fish and a few favorites from my Ocean Animals set.


With the software, it makes it easy to see your video evolve as you make it! I created the short film below by taking a series of pictures and moving the clipart slightly across the camera area each time. I think it’s pretty good for a first try and definitely shows how easy it is to get started with the HUE Animation Studio!

Check out my little video {HERE}! HUE also makes it super easy to upload your finished videos to YouTube, save as movies or upload them to their Creatubbles database.

You can add sound effects, text, music etc. to the videos too! I wish I had this technology in my classroom when I taught second and third grade!

Here are just a few ways that this camera could be integrated into other lessons/content:

- Have students create a video with the steps of solving a math problem. Students can demonstrate it in multiple ways by using manipulatives, drawings, etc. and capture it all on camera! They can use the voice capture option to explain their thought process
- Students can create an informative video to summarize their research on animals, places, etc. They can include real photographs in their video as well as drawings, writing pieces and artifacts.
- Have students identify the problem and solution in a story and have them recreate the scene in the story where the problem is resolved.
- Students can show character development by creating a video explaining how a character changes in the beginning, middle and end of a book using pictures, words and page captures from the book.

If you want to check out even more of the HUE product line, click {HERE} to zip over to their website! I can't wait to explore even more with the HUE Animation Studio! Stay tuned for more Creative Clips Videos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment