Image Map

Math Tool Kit Freebie

Hey! Yolanda here from Oceans of First Grade Fun! I hope your summer has been fantastic!! I have two more weeks, then it’s back to the grind for me.

Okay it’s safe to say I LOVE teaching math!!!!! This summer I’ve been playing around with creating a math toolkit for my students. In the past it has been such a pain to pull out hundreds charts, or ten frames, not to mention making sure there were enough for everybody in my class! It drove me crazy! So, I came up with this toolkit. The plan is for the students to keep these in their desks, so they are ready to whip out when we need them. Take a look at what’s included below.

Slide1

 

Slide2

 

Slide3

 

Slide4

 

Slide5

 

Slide6

 

In terms of storage, I’m going to give my students a three pronged folder with pockets and a few Ziploc bags. They will keep the cards (skip counting and ten frames) inside the Ziploc bag (which I will probably three whole punch). They will keep the number of the day books, hundreds chart, number line and number scrolls inside the pockets. There you have it! A compact math toolkit with a minimum of muss and fuss…to quote Julia Sugarbaker!

Click on the picture below to snag your free copy!

Slide1

I hope this is something you can use! Now I’m off to soak up the last lovely days of my summer vacation. Have a great week ahead!

8 comments:

  1. What great resources and a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I'll be trying these out this fall.
    A Rill Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I can't wait to use them, it's going to be such a time saver!
      Yolanda

      Delete
  2. Amazing resource for back to school firsties to review and build that number sense. Thanks:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of each of my students having their own math toolkit! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this! It is great even from "big kids"
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to laminate and put as reference for each student to use throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete