Image Map

Back-2-School Bulletin Board Idea!

Hello, Blog Hoppers! Lindsey Erickson (The Teacher Wife), here! 
Don't hate me, but July is usually the time I start getting into the back-2-school mode. I try to give myself time off during June (ya, right...), but once July is here, it's all about school. 

showing a teacher back to school ads in july is like showing a vampire - Google Search

During the summertime, I love thinking about what my back-2-school bulletin board will be. (I love decorating bulletin boards!) It's the first thing that greets my new little first graders, on that *scary* first day of school, so I always want it to be welcoming, bright, and cheerful. I also like to incorporate my students' names in some way.

This was my bulletin board last year and it was so fun! (You can check out my bulletin board from the year before here.) I got the idea here! I had my students write their names on the crayons on the first day of school. Originally, I was going to have them write their names with glitter... but I changed my mind last minute and just went with a black marker. (I have a serious love/hate relationship with glitter and I just wasn't feelin' it...)


I got the rainbow border from the Target dollar section and I made the crayon box from a doughnut box (thank you local bakery). I cut out the words "We're the BRIGHTEST crayons in the box!" with my Silhouette Cameo using card stock.


I ran the crayons off on colored construction paper and let my students choose their favorite color. You could also run them off on white card stock and let them decorate their crayon. If you use these crayon printable for your bulletin board (or anything else), take a picture, and tag me on Instagram---I'd love to see it! (My username is: teacherwifelindsey


Thanks for reading! Feel free to stop by my blog for creative classroom ideas! Have a good day!



4 comments:

  1. so cute! what a great idea!

    www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! I'm totally going to use it! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute idea! :) Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea. Thank you for the download. I'd love to try the glitter.
    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete