Image Map

Thank you, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.!!


Hey y'all! This is Anna from Crazy for First Grade! I wanted to share a couple activities with you that I am using to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.! 

I plan to read a lot of literature with my class about Dr. King! Here are a few of my favorite books about his life & legacy!
 My sweeties will use what they learned about Martin Luther King to complete this bubble map.
 Then they will write up an informational piece about him using the facts on their bubble map.
 We'll also watch parts of the famous "I Have A Dream" speech and reflect on our dreams.

 I found this PRECIOUS idea from 1st Grade Decades on Pinterest...my newest online addiction. *side note*- You can follow my boards {HERE}!
Pinned Image
I'm going to let my students write about their dream on the writing paper below & put it inside their book! Too cute!!
You can download all of these printables {HERE}!
I hope you are enjoying a relaxing Monday off work!!! We sure do have a lot to be thankful for today as we give thanks to such an amazing man!

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! One of our favorite books to read is "Martin's Big Words", it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna. I LOVE these resources. I've just started a Blog Hop on all things MLK and would LOVE for you to link up your ideas. Here's the link:

    http://www.rainbowswithinreach.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-have-dream.html

    Thanks for your efforts on this important 'lesson.'

    Debbie Clement
    RainbowsWithinReach

    ReplyDelete